- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Candidate questionnaire: Greg Birk
NAME: Greg Birk
PLACE OF BIRTH: Sikeston, Mo.
SPOUSE, CHILDREN'S NAMES:
Jennifer -- Wife
Rachel and Caleb -- Kelly High School
Aaron -- Kelly Middle School and
Adam -- Kelly Elementary
BUSINESSES OWNED, ALL OR PART:
Greg and Roy Birk Farms, and Birk Design Company
PREVIOUS OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT:
Kelly School Board member since 2008.
WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE FACING THE KELLY SCHOOL DISTRICT?:
Maintaining and improving the already high standard of education in the Kelly District is the most important issue. Preparing Kelly students for the future through sound curriculum, new learning opportunities, dedicated teachers and a safe educational environment are all key to success in our school district.
WHAT IN YOUR BACKGROUND OR EDUCATION MAKES YOU QUALIFIED FOR THIS OFFICE?:
1987 graduate of Kelly High School, B.S. ag University of Missouri. I have had experience in the local community as a 4H club leader and a Sunday School teacher for many years. I enjoy working to bring quality educational opportunities to area children and families. As a member of the Kelly school board for the past three years I look forward to continuing to serve the community, students, parents, faculty and staff.