- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Candidate questionnaire: Sandra (Oliver) Stuart
NAME: Sandra (Oliver) Stuart
PLACE OF BIRTH: Cape Girardeau
SPOUSE, CHILDREN'S NAMES:
Two sons: Samuel, age 5 and Adrian, age 2
Independent contractor- sales representative
EMPLOYER: Health Focus Media
PREVIOUS OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT:
I am currently serving as an Alderman in Ward 1.
WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE FACING PERRYVILLE?:
The most important issue facing Perryville right now is the stagnant growth in population and the need for more employment and entertainment/recreational opportunities. The sustainability of our city, as well as the future growth and development, is dependent upon retaining our younger population and increasing through new residents. We are losing many of our children to larger metropolitan areas where they are better able to find work and activities to entertain themselves and their young families.
WHAT IN YOUR BACKGROUND OR EDUCATION MAKES YOU QUALIFIED FOR THIS OFFICE?:
I am a resident of Perryville. I was raised here and I have two young sons that are growing each day with the great fortune of being surrounded by caring, loving and supportive friends and neighbors in our city. I have a great personal interest in the preservation as well as the growth and future development of Perryville. I also have over 13 years of experience through my sales career that has allowed me the ability to truly listen to people. I value the chance to hear what others think and how they feel, and I believe there is an immense amount of knowledge to be gained simply by giving people the opportunity to share in their opinions and ideas. I respect varying points of view and I am committed to carrying the ideas and concerns of the citizens of Ward 1 to the board of alderman for consideration.