- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)50
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Empathy is lacking
The recent series by Scott Moyers is a cruel refreshing of horrible memories. The victims of such horrors are not only the dead and their survivors but also the survivors of the murderer, sometimes just helpless children.
I know such a family and they are hurt by it. The editor needs to imagine his own family in such a nightmare. Your interest is misplaced, and your empathy is lacking.
KAY MURPHY, Cape Girardeau