- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Empathy is lacking
The recent series by Scott Moyers is a cruel refreshing of horrible memories. The victims of such horrors are not only the dead and their survivors but also the survivors of the murderer, sometimes just helpless children.
I know such a family and they are hurt by it. The editor needs to imagine his own family in such a nightmare. Your interest is misplaced, and your empathy is lacking.
KAY MURPHY, Cape Girardeau