- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Empathy is lacking
The recent series by Scott Moyers is a cruel refreshing of horrible memories. The victims of such horrors are not only the dead and their survivors but also the survivors of the murderer, sometimes just helpless children.
I know such a family and they are hurt by it. The editor needs to imagine his own family in such a nightmare. Your interest is misplaced, and your empathy is lacking.
KAY MURPHY, Cape Girardeau