- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Candidate questionnaire: Tom Schreiner
NAME: Tom Schreiner
PLACE OF BIRTH: Cape Girardeau
|SPOUSE, CHILDREN'S NAMES:|
Andrea (2008 graduate of Oak Ridge schools)
OCCUPATION: Director of Technology
EMPLOYER: Jackson R-2 School District
|PREVIOUS OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT:|
Currently serve as Oak Ridge School Board vice president
Currently serve as president of Grace Lutheran Church Congregation, Uniontown, Mo.
|WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE FACING THE OAK RIDGE SCHOOL DISTRICT?:|
Adequate Yearly Performance is the most important issue facing Oak Ridge School District. AYP is how school districts are being rated based on student achievement. As board members we must adequately fund teacher salaries, provide professional development opportunities to educate our staff and to provide our staff with the tools necessary to educate our students. The greatest responsibility we have is to provide our students with a solid education. A solid education will assist them to become the future leaders of our great nation. A solid education will also provide our students every possible opportunity to be successful and to compete in whatever career they choose.
|WWHAT IN YOUR BACKGROUND OR EDUCATION MAKES YOU QUALIFIED FOR THIS OFFICE?:|
Serving the past six years on Oak Ridge School Board. Attending Missouri School Board Association regional meetings to stay informed and educated on the issues that impact our district. Serving as president of Grace Lutheran Church congregation for 15 years. Being employed as director of technology for Jackson R-2 School District helps me understand key issues that districts face in areas of instruction, professional development, finance, technology and district operations. My experiences as director of technology and my past six years of service on Oak Ridge School Board provides the knowledge to make informed decisions that impact student academic achievement for the Oak Ridge School District.