- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
FREE EASTER EVENT YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS
Growing in Grace & Knowledge
Since the mid 1980's, First Baptist Church of Jackson has been performing an Easter Pagent. Each year it is shown in a different way. This year's Easter pageant will tell the story of two modern-day students who journey through Scripture to show how Old Testament prophecy has been fulfilled, and what is yet to come. You will see glimpses of Jesus' life as an infant, a child, and then as an adult. A close look at prophecies from Isaiah, Micah, and Zechariah are sure to strengthen your faith!
The pageant is a fast moving production which presents the life of Jesus Christ through music and drama. There are over 125 members in costume along with live animals. You will see Jesus performing miracles, teaching the multitudes, and other recreations of Biblical events, including, of course, the death and resurrection of Jesus, while stressing the fact that Jesus is alive and is coming again. The question is, will you be ready when He does?
As always, the pageant is FREE, but seating is limited. We would love for you to come!
You may pick up tickets to guarantee seating at the First Baptist Church office, Country Mart, and the Baptist Association Office in Jackson, and at Gospeland Bookstore, Lifeway, and Schnucks in Cape. We pray the pageant will touch your heart, strengthen your faith, and bring honor & glory to His name. For more information, visit
2011 PAGEANT SCHEDULE
Thursday, April 14th
Friday, April 15th
Saturday, April 16th
Sunday, April 17th