- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Celebrating health care
Lutheran Family and Children's Services is a not-for-profit agency that works with children and families across the state of Missouri. We provide adoption services and support for families, training for foster families, assistance and support to women faced with unplanned or crisis pregnancies, as well as counseling and other services for seniors. In every facet of our work we see how important health care is to our clients and how devastating the lack of health insurance (or the poor quality of health insurance) can be for people.
While we recognize that no bill is perfect, we are very excited about the improvements within the Affordable Care Act and want to encourage people to take a second or two with the recent anniversary of the law's passage to reflect on these benefits and what they mean for Missourians: new protection for children with pre-existing conditions; young adults who can now stay on their parents' health plan; small businesses getting tax credits to help cover their workers; seniors getting help with drug costs and preventive care; and more.
MOLLY STRICKLAND, Cape Girardeau