- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Celebrating health care
Lutheran Family and Children's Services is a not-for-profit agency that works with children and families across the state of Missouri. We provide adoption services and support for families, training for foster families, assistance and support to women faced with unplanned or crisis pregnancies, as well as counseling and other services for seniors. In every facet of our work we see how important health care is to our clients and how devastating the lack of health insurance (or the poor quality of health insurance) can be for people.
While we recognize that no bill is perfect, we are very excited about the improvements within the Affordable Care Act and want to encourage people to take a second or two with the recent anniversary of the law's passage to reflect on these benefits and what they mean for Missourians: new protection for children with pre-existing conditions; young adults who can now stay on their parents' health plan; small businesses getting tax credits to help cover their workers; seniors getting help with drug costs and preventive care; and more.
MOLLY STRICKLAND, Cape Girardeau