- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Celebrating health care
Lutheran Family and Children's Services is a not-for-profit agency that works with children and families across the state of Missouri. We provide adoption services and support for families, training for foster families, assistance and support to women faced with unplanned or crisis pregnancies, as well as counseling and other services for seniors. In every facet of our work we see how important health care is to our clients and how devastating the lack of health insurance (or the poor quality of health insurance) can be for people.
While we recognize that no bill is perfect, we are very excited about the improvements within the Affordable Care Act and want to encourage people to take a second or two with the recent anniversary of the law's passage to reflect on these benefits and what they mean for Missourians: new protection for children with pre-existing conditions; young adults who can now stay on their parents' health plan; small businesses getting tax credits to help cover their workers; seniors getting help with drug costs and preventive care; and more.
MOLLY STRICKLAND, Cape Girardeau