- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Virginia Doris Stephens, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, March 17, 2011, at Heartland Care and Rehab.
She was born March 14, 1922, at Matthews, Mo., to Ingram and Nona Mae Flannery Stallings. She and Nixon Stephens were married in 1946. He preceded her in death in November 1989.
Stephens moved to Cape Girardeau in 1963 from St. Louis. She worked at Davis Electric two years and at Lowenbaum Dress Factory seven years.
Survivors include a grandson, Josh Stephens of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a son, five brothers and two sisters.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis.
Memorial contributions may be given to Alzheimer's Association, 9374 Olive Blvd., St. Louis, Mo., 63132.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.