- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Brittany Jo Calhoun, 24, of Scott City died Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011, at her home.
She was born Feb. 19, 1987, in Cape Girardeau, to Larry Wayne and Jo Ellen Kelly Calhoun Sr.
Calhoun was a cashier at Dollar General.
She is survived by her parents of Scott City; two brothers, Ray Kelly and Larry Calhoun Jr. of Chaffee, Mo.; maternal grandmother, Norma Estes of Scott City; and fiance, Kevin Jones of Morley, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her stepfather, Alan Avery.
Friends may call from noon to service time March 26 at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. March 26 at the chapel, with the Rev. Mark Carbaugh officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery.