- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- John M. Slinkard, 46, of Chaffee died Thursday, March 17, 2011, in the emergency room at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 13, 1964, in Chaffee, son of Billy Ray and Frances Louise Davenport Slinkard.
John was disabled and worked at Food Giant in Chaffee in the meat department and as assistant manager.
Survivors include a son, Dusten Slinkard of Advance, Mo.; a daughter, Ashley N. Gentry of Scott City; three brothers, Larry Curd of Creal Springs, Ill., Ricky Curd of Scott City, Keith Curd of Chaffee; four sisters, Modonna Lambert of Cape Girardeau, Charlotte Rister of Chaffee, Dixie Lee Wilson of Cape Girardeau and Ruth Ann Slinkard of Chaffee.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
A graveside memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. March 25 at Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee, with the Rev. Darrin Larkin officiating.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to help cover the cost of funeral expenses.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.