- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Missouri National Guard's Roberts earns promotion
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Carter Roberts, of Jefferson City, was recently promoted from the rank of first lieutenant to captain in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Roberts has been with the National Guard for twelve years. He is the commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau.
"I'm very honored by this promotion," said Roberts, who was named commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau last month. "I'm looking forward to the new challenges and responsibilities the battalion continues to task me with."
Lt. Col. John Oberkirsch, commander of the 1140th Engineer Battalion, said he's impressed with Robert's progress and abilities as a commander.
"I'm confident Capt. Roberts will continue to uphold the values of an officer and be a great commander," said Oberkirsch. "This is a great honor for him and for the unit."
Roberts has served in the Missouri National Guard since 2002. He deployed with the 1138th Engineer Company in 2007-2007 responsible for route clearance operations in Baghdad in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: