- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Missouri National Guard's Roberts earns promotion
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Carter Roberts, of Jefferson City, was recently promoted from the rank of first lieutenant to captain in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Roberts has been with the National Guard for twelve years. He is the commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau.
"I'm very honored by this promotion," said Roberts, who was named commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau last month. "I'm looking forward to the new challenges and responsibilities the battalion continues to task me with."
Lt. Col. John Oberkirsch, commander of the 1140th Engineer Battalion, said he's impressed with Robert's progress and abilities as a commander.
"I'm confident Capt. Roberts will continue to uphold the values of an officer and be a great commander," said Oberkirsch. "This is a great honor for him and for the unit."
Roberts has served in the Missouri National Guard since 2002. He deployed with the 1138th Engineer Company in 2007-2007 responsible for route clearance operations in Baghdad in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: