- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Missouri National Guard's Roberts earns promotion
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Carter Roberts, of Jefferson City, was recently promoted from the rank of first lieutenant to captain in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Roberts has been with the National Guard for twelve years. He is the commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau.
"I'm very honored by this promotion," said Roberts, who was named commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau last month. "I'm looking forward to the new challenges and responsibilities the battalion continues to task me with."
Lt. Col. John Oberkirsch, commander of the 1140th Engineer Battalion, said he's impressed with Robert's progress and abilities as a commander.
"I'm confident Capt. Roberts will continue to uphold the values of an officer and be a great commander," said Oberkirsch. "This is a great honor for him and for the unit."
Roberts has served in the Missouri National Guard since 2002. He deployed with the 1138th Engineer Company in 2007-2007 responsible for route clearance operations in Baghdad in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: