- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)25
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Missouri National Guard's Roberts earns promotion
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Carter Roberts, of Jefferson City, was recently promoted from the rank of first lieutenant to captain in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Roberts has been with the National Guard for twelve years. He is the commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau.
"I'm very honored by this promotion," said Roberts, who was named commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau last month. "I'm looking forward to the new challenges and responsibilities the battalion continues to task me with."
Lt. Col. John Oberkirsch, commander of the 1140th Engineer Battalion, said he's impressed with Robert's progress and abilities as a commander.
"I'm confident Capt. Roberts will continue to uphold the values of an officer and be a great commander," said Oberkirsch. "This is a great honor for him and for the unit."
Roberts has served in the Missouri National Guard since 2002. He deployed with the 1138th Engineer Company in 2007-2007 responsible for route clearance operations in Baghdad in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: