- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Missouri National Guard's Roberts earns promotion
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Carter Roberts, of Jefferson City, was recently promoted from the rank of first lieutenant to captain in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Roberts has been with the National Guard for twelve years. He is the commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau.
"I'm very honored by this promotion," said Roberts, who was named commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau last month. "I'm looking forward to the new challenges and responsibilities the battalion continues to task me with."
Lt. Col. John Oberkirsch, commander of the 1140th Engineer Battalion, said he's impressed with Robert's progress and abilities as a commander.
"I'm confident Capt. Roberts will continue to uphold the values of an officer and be a great commander," said Oberkirsch. "This is a great honor for him and for the unit."
Roberts has served in the Missouri National Guard since 2002. He deployed with the 1138th Engineer Company in 2007-2007 responsible for route clearance operations in Baghdad in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: