- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Kinder finishes career with trip to NCAAs
Hannah Kinder, a Cape Central graduate,will finish her swimming career with an invite to the NCAA swimming championships. Kinder, who won the state title in the 100 and 200 freestyles during her senior year at Central, has been one of the top swimmers in the 200 and 500 freestyle events at Texas A&M for the past 4 years.
The Texas A&M women's swimming and diving team qualified 15 swimmers to the 2011 NCAA Championships, which was the highest number of competitors from any single school at the national meet.
The Aggies led the way with 15, which was trailed by Georgia with 14, Florida, Indiana, USC and Cal with 13, Minnesota with 12, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Arizona and Auburn with 11 and North Carolina with 10.
The NCAA womens swim meet will start later this week in Austin, Texas.