- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
- Cape's casino flourishing as it celebrates fifth year (10/22/17)3
Kinder finishes career with trip to NCAAs
Hannah Kinder, a Cape Central graduate,will finish her swimming career with an invite to the NCAA swimming championships. Kinder, who won the state title in the 100 and 200 freestyles during her senior year at Central, has been one of the top swimmers in the 200 and 500 freestyle events at Texas A&M for the past 4 years.
The Texas A&M women's swimming and diving team qualified 15 swimmers to the 2011 NCAA Championships, which was the highest number of competitors from any single school at the national meet.
The Aggies led the way with 15, which was trailed by Georgia with 14, Florida, Indiana, USC and Cal with 13, Minnesota with 12, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Arizona and Auburn with 11 and North Carolina with 10.
The NCAA womens swim meet will start later this week in Austin, Texas.