- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Kinder finishes career with trip to NCAAs
Hannah Kinder, a Cape Central graduate,will finish her swimming career with an invite to the NCAA swimming championships. Kinder, who won the state title in the 100 and 200 freestyles during her senior year at Central, has been one of the top swimmers in the 200 and 500 freestyle events at Texas A&M for the past 4 years.
The Texas A&M women's swimming and diving team qualified 15 swimmers to the 2011 NCAA Championships, which was the highest number of competitors from any single school at the national meet.
The Aggies led the way with 15, which was trailed by Georgia with 14, Florida, Indiana, USC and Cal with 13, Minnesota with 12, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Arizona and Auburn with 11 and North Carolina with 10.
The NCAA womens swim meet will start later this week in Austin, Texas.