- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Kinder finishes career with trip to NCAAs
Hannah Kinder, a Cape Central graduate,will finish her swimming career with an invite to the NCAA swimming championships. Kinder, who won the state title in the 100 and 200 freestyles during her senior year at Central, has been one of the top swimmers in the 200 and 500 freestyle events at Texas A&M for the past 4 years.
The Texas A&M women's swimming and diving team qualified 15 swimmers to the 2011 NCAA Championships, which was the highest number of competitors from any single school at the national meet.
The Aggies led the way with 15, which was trailed by Georgia with 14, Florida, Indiana, USC and Cal with 13, Minnesota with 12, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Arizona and Auburn with 11 and North Carolina with 10.
The NCAA womens swim meet will start later this week in Austin, Texas.