- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Speak Out 3/16/11
Universal health care
ALL it takes is one unfortunate incident for a person to be in debt for the rest of their lives. Sadly, with so many having lost their jobs, this is happening to a lot of people. This is just one of the reasons I am in favor of universal health care. We can't have an equal society without it.
I am sick of hearing about the one time Ronald Reagan cut taxes. He also raised taxes as many as six or seven times.
THE article by Michael Jensen about the teacher and a student's home environment is correct. Some sort of investigation needs to be conducted on these types of situations. The problems are going to keep occurring. The home needs to be a proper place to raise these children.
TO all Missouri voters, no need to vote anymore. Our Republican friends in Jefferson City know what's best for us. Where is the tea party now? Big Government at its best.
THE column by Sam Blackwell on busting the unions was right on. If the Republicans get their way, the working class man will be working for $5 an hour, if they have a job.
THE Investor's Business Daily column blamed President Obama for the high gas prices. Not true. When Bush took office gas was $1.47 a gallon.
MY wife's favorite uncle died awaiting medical care in a VA hospital. That is why I can relate to the horror stories of Lucky and Charles. The VA medical system is government run health care, and if ObamaCare is allowed to be implemented then we will only be hearing similar horror stories from citizens of all walks of life.
IT amazes me that the city can allocate $20,000 for a survey of Cape Girardeau residents when there doesn't seem to be money to fill the gigantic potholes in our city's streets.