- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man charged with assault after incident at Cape bar (06/24/16)1
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Speak Out 3/16/11
Universal health care
ALL it takes is one unfortunate incident for a person to be in debt for the rest of their lives. Sadly, with so many having lost their jobs, this is happening to a lot of people. This is just one of the reasons I am in favor of universal health care. We can't have an equal society without it.
I am sick of hearing about the one time Ronald Reagan cut taxes. He also raised taxes as many as six or seven times.
THE article by Michael Jensen about the teacher and a student's home environment is correct. Some sort of investigation needs to be conducted on these types of situations. The problems are going to keep occurring. The home needs to be a proper place to raise these children.
TO all Missouri voters, no need to vote anymore. Our Republican friends in Jefferson City know what's best for us. Where is the tea party now? Big Government at its best.
THE column by Sam Blackwell on busting the unions was right on. If the Republicans get their way, the working class man will be working for $5 an hour, if they have a job.
THE Investor's Business Daily column blamed President Obama for the high gas prices. Not true. When Bush took office gas was $1.47 a gallon.
MY wife's favorite uncle died awaiting medical care in a VA hospital. That is why I can relate to the horror stories of Lucky and Charles. The VA medical system is government run health care, and if ObamaCare is allowed to be implemented then we will only be hearing similar horror stories from citizens of all walks of life.
IT amazes me that the city can allocate $20,000 for a survey of Cape Girardeau residents when there doesn't seem to be money to fill the gigantic potholes in our city's streets.