- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)8
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Speak Out 3/16/11
Universal health care
ALL it takes is one unfortunate incident for a person to be in debt for the rest of their lives. Sadly, with so many having lost their jobs, this is happening to a lot of people. This is just one of the reasons I am in favor of universal health care. We can't have an equal society without it.
I am sick of hearing about the one time Ronald Reagan cut taxes. He also raised taxes as many as six or seven times.
THE article by Michael Jensen about the teacher and a student's home environment is correct. Some sort of investigation needs to be conducted on these types of situations. The problems are going to keep occurring. The home needs to be a proper place to raise these children.
TO all Missouri voters, no need to vote anymore. Our Republican friends in Jefferson City know what's best for us. Where is the tea party now? Big Government at its best.
THE column by Sam Blackwell on busting the unions was right on. If the Republicans get their way, the working class man will be working for $5 an hour, if they have a job.
THE Investor's Business Daily column blamed President Obama for the high gas prices. Not true. When Bush took office gas was $1.47 a gallon.
MY wife's favorite uncle died awaiting medical care in a VA hospital. That is why I can relate to the horror stories of Lucky and Charles. The VA medical system is government run health care, and if ObamaCare is allowed to be implemented then we will only be hearing similar horror stories from citizens of all walks of life.
IT amazes me that the city can allocate $20,000 for a survey of Cape Girardeau residents when there doesn't seem to be money to fill the gigantic potholes in our city's streets.