- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Speak Out 3/16/11
Universal health care
ALL it takes is one unfortunate incident for a person to be in debt for the rest of their lives. Sadly, with so many having lost their jobs, this is happening to a lot of people. This is just one of the reasons I am in favor of universal health care. We can't have an equal society without it.
I am sick of hearing about the one time Ronald Reagan cut taxes. He also raised taxes as many as six or seven times.
THE article by Michael Jensen about the teacher and a student's home environment is correct. Some sort of investigation needs to be conducted on these types of situations. The problems are going to keep occurring. The home needs to be a proper place to raise these children.
TO all Missouri voters, no need to vote anymore. Our Republican friends in Jefferson City know what's best for us. Where is the tea party now? Big Government at its best.
THE column by Sam Blackwell on busting the unions was right on. If the Republicans get their way, the working class man will be working for $5 an hour, if they have a job.
THE Investor's Business Daily column blamed President Obama for the high gas prices. Not true. When Bush took office gas was $1.47 a gallon.
MY wife's favorite uncle died awaiting medical care in a VA hospital. That is why I can relate to the horror stories of Lucky and Charles. The VA medical system is government run health care, and if ObamaCare is allowed to be implemented then we will only be hearing similar horror stories from citizens of all walks of life.
IT amazes me that the city can allocate $20,000 for a survey of Cape Girardeau residents when there doesn't seem to be money to fill the gigantic potholes in our city's streets.