- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Larry B. Jones, 57, of Bloomfield departed this life Monday, March 14, 2011, at his home.
He was born April 30, 1953, in Gary, Ind., son of Wanda Lee Williams of Dexter, Mo., and the late John Ivy "Ivan" Jones.
In his youth, Larry was an accomplished athlete at Dexter High School, excelling in football, wrestling, track and boxing, where he earned the nickname "Arkansas Flash."
He was united in marriage to Kathy Rhea Stobaugh March 25, 1972, at Dexter. Mr. and Mrs. Jones settled on their farm in Bloomfield where they raised three children.
Survivors include his spouse of nearly 39 years, Kathy Jones; a daughter and son-in-law, Lora and Joe Galati of Jackson; a daughter, Sara Leija of Bloomfield; a son, Larry Kyle Jones of Bloomfield; four grandchildren, Keaton Leija of Bloomfield, Sam Galati, Vita Claire Galati and Anna Kate Galati of Jackson; his mother, Wanda Lee Williams of Dexter; two brothers, John Paul Jones of Rector, Ark., Ronnie Lee Jones of Dexter; a sister, Wanda Sue Bellers of Jonesboro, Ark.; and many other friends and relatives.
He was preceded in death by his infant brother, David Louis Jones in 1958, and by his father John Ivy "Ivan" Jones Jan. 19, 1997.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kevin Eskew officiating.
Interment will be in Bloomfield Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to the Larry B. Jones HOPE Campaign (Celebrating Healing, Optimism, Prayer, and Example), 23875 State Highway BB, Bloomfield, MO 63825. The Jones family plans to give back, in honor of Larry, by helping other families who are faced with the difficult journey of fighting cancer.