- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Speak Out 3/15/11
QUESTION: What can one learn by watching MSNBC? Answer: Hate. Pure, unadulterated hate.
I was sitting at a stoplight in Cape Girardeau recently, and when the light turned green, three cars that had a red light proceeded to go through the intersection. Luckily, the first car that could have gone on their green light didn't take off quickly. It could have turned into a dangerous situation. If you think you don't have time to stop for a red light, think how long it's going to take if you are in a wreck.
MY child attends the Scott City School District. We just received a dress code letter for next year. I feel that if our children are given a list that says what they can and cannot wear, I want to see the dress code list for the faculty. I do not want the response "professional attire." Do they have to wear solid-colored shirts, collared shirts, etc.?
I hope city officials, when they make their plans on what they are going to do on Broadway, decides to widen the street as much as they can on each side. The sidewalks don't need to be as wide. People don't use them as much.
ONCE we get a smoking ban in Cape Girardeau, then we should try to get obesity banned. This would be easy to do. First you put a scale in all the fast-food places and then the customer has to get on it. If the customer is overweight, then they are not allowed to buy french fries. Simple.
MY husband has been a member of a union for many years. When I see these union members all over the country -- especially in Wisconsin -- acting like thugs, it really embarrasses me and makes me feel ashamed that he is a member of a union.
IT appears that the city council believes that Cape Girardeau can just write a $20,000 check to satisfy the ideas of Mr. Meyer. This goes in line with the $40,000 spent by our CVB to tell us where the restroom signs should be placed. Suggestions: Forget the outside contractor, mail the survey and include a self-addressed postage-paid envelope.
CAPE Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce: You don't want intrusion on "private" property, yet you suggest that a better way to protect children is to ban smoking in the home. Does that make any sense?
Waste of money
AM I to believe that city officials are planning to spend $20,000 to poll citizens to determine what the city residents like or don't like about the way the city is being run? What a waste of taxpayer money. Why not put a notice in the paper soliciting opinions?