- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mary Louise Brune, 88, of Cape Girardeau passed away Friday, March 11, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 14, 1922, in Pottstown, Pa., to John H. Jamison and Hannah Louisa Diffenderfer Jamison. She and Charles Brune were married Aug. 2, 1944, in Traverse City, Mich.
She was a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University with a degree in economics and was a member of the university's swim team. Mary was part of the Cape Choraliers and sang in the Centenary choir for many years. She was an avid golfer, bridge player and was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church.
Survivors include her sons, Greg (Barbara) Brune and Brad (Kathie) Brune, both of Cape Girardeau, Scott (Patricia) Brune of Houston, Lance (Eileen) Brune, of Charlotte, N.C.; sister, Barbara Ann Anderson of Rockford, Ill.; 10 grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren and one more expected.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband and one brother.
Friends may call from noon to 1:30 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Karen Nothdurft officiating.
Entombment will follow at Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to Southeast Missouri State University's Athletic Hall of Fame, 1 University Plaza, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.