- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Genevive "Genny" Davault, 83, of Jackson passed away Friday, March 11, 2011, at Jackson Manor Nursing Home.
She was born Oct. 21, 1927, in Jackson, daughter of Roy and Nell Williams Schreiner. She and H. Vernon Davault were married Aug. 9, 1947, in Jackson. He passed away Jan. 27, 2005.
Genny was a 1945 graduate of Jackson High School. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Jackson for many years and was active in the nursery department, WMU, the Barrett Group, vacation Bible school and with the church youth department.
In 1976 she and Vernon moved from Russell Street in Jackson to the farm, and they owned and operated the Movie House in Jackson from 1985 to 1997. Genny also was a lifelong caregiver.
Loving survivors include two daughters, Helen (Ben) Proffer of Jackson and Susan (Chuck) Bright of Washington, Mo.; four grandchildren, Amy (Tom) Philipps and Greg (Dana) Proffer of Jackson, Charlie (Jill) Bright and Caitlin Bright, both of Washington; three great-grandchildren, Auston Proffer and Alex and Max Philipps, all of Jackson; two brothers, Ralph Dayton (Norma) Schreiner and Jerry (Janet) Schreiner; five sisters Betty Suedekum, Dora Jean (Bob) Gerlach, Barbara (Bob) Wendel, Mary (Paul) Biri and Judy (Charlie) Huber, all of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, Paul and Lenwood Schreiner.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
Funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the funeral home with the Rev. Tommy Weems officiating. Pallbearers will be Greg and Auston Proffer, Tom, Alex and Max Philipps, Charlie and Caitlin Bright.
Interment will follow in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials may be made to First Baptist Church Van Fund.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.