- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Roth - Balsano
Alison Jo Roth and Ryan Anthony Balsano exchanged vows Oct. 16, 2010, at St. Mary's Cathedral. The Rev. Thomas Kiefer performed the ceremony. Scripture readers were Donna Kielhofner of Jackson, aunt of the bride, and Mae Law of Murphysboro, Ill., great-aunt of the groom. Organist was Geri Beussink and soloist was Jane Oehl, both of Jackson.
Parents of the couple are Joe and Sherri Roth and Tony and Debbie Balsano, all of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Olivia Roth of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Amanda Kiehne of Cape Girardeau, sister of the groom; Jessica Ochs of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., cousin of the bride; and Rachel Essner of Cape Girardeau.
Bryce Cowley of Columbia, Mo., was best man. Groomsmen were Mark Kiehne of Cape Girardeau, brother-in-law of the groom; Jacob Roth of Maumelle, Ark., brother of the bride; and Neal Grossheider of Pensacola, Fla., cousin of the bride. Ushers were Justin Bryant of Murphysboro, cousin of the groom, and Connor Thompson of Columbia.
A dinner and dance reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 15 at Mollie's Cafe.
Mrs. Balsano is a 2005 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. She is pursuing a bachelor of science degree in nursing from Southeast Missouri State University. She is employed at Saint Francis Medical Center.
The groom is a 2003 graduate of Central High School. He is pursuing an associate of science degree in respiratory therapy through Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center and Mineral Area College. He is employed at McAlister's Deli and Fitness Plus.
A trip to Antigua is planned in June.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.