- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Ad Club Seeking Advertising Grant Applicants
Tri-State Advertising & Marketing Professionals (AMP) is accepting applications from non-profit organizations in southeast Missouri, southern Illinois and western Kentucky for the 2011 Advertising for a Cause grant. The grant will provide advertising assistance, production and media placement valued at $90,000 for one regional public service organization.
Nine regional media companies (FOX Radio, River Radio, Withers Broadcasting, KBSI, WSIL, Charter Media -- Southeast Missouri, Poplar Bluff City Cable, DSW Signs and Red Letter Communications) have donated their production and placement services to fund the grant, which will be coordinated by Tri-State AMP. Once a recipient is selected, a multi-media public service campaign will be developed and implemented, covering a five-state service area.
Eligible organizations must service Tri-State AMP's membership area. Applications are available online at www.tristateamp.com and must be submitted by April 20. For more information, please call Boyce Holt at 573-429-8820 or email email@example.com.
The Advertising for a Cause grant débuted in 2009 when four local media organizations donated $40,000 worth of creative production and media placement to be used for a worthwhile public service campaign with potential to deliver tangible results. Tri-State AMP selected Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri as the first recipient, with a goal of matching at least 10 percent of their 100 participants with a Big Brother or Big Sister. The campaign resulted in 58 total matches, as well as 16 new Big Brother volunteers and 52 Big Sister inquiries -- far exceeding the stated goal. Tri-State AMP received the American Advertising Federation's National Club Achievement Award for its role in this important public service campaign.
Tri-State Advertising & Marketing Professionals is a non-profit organization made up of communications professionals in the Cape Girardeau, Mo.; Paducah, Ky.; and Harrisburg, Ill., areas. The organization seeks to provide and promote a better understanding of the functions and value of advertising; apply the skills, creativity and energy of the advertising industry in solving social problems; advance the standards of advertising through voluntary self-regulation; and promote good fellowship and free exchange of ideas. Tri-State AMP is affiliated with the American Advertising Federation and the Ninth District, AAF.