- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man charged with assault after incident at Cape bar (06/24/16)1
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Ad Club Seeking Advertising Grant Applicants
Tri-State Advertising & Marketing Professionals (AMP) is accepting applications from non-profit organizations in southeast Missouri, southern Illinois and western Kentucky for the 2011 Advertising for a Cause grant. The grant will provide advertising assistance, production and media placement valued at $90,000 for one regional public service organization.
Nine regional media companies (FOX Radio, River Radio, Withers Broadcasting, KBSI, WSIL, Charter Media -- Southeast Missouri, Poplar Bluff City Cable, DSW Signs and Red Letter Communications) have donated their production and placement services to fund the grant, which will be coordinated by Tri-State AMP. Once a recipient is selected, a multi-media public service campaign will be developed and implemented, covering a five-state service area.
Eligible organizations must service Tri-State AMP's membership area. Applications are available online at www.tristateamp.com and must be submitted by April 20. For more information, please call Boyce Holt at 573-429-8820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Advertising for a Cause grant débuted in 2009 when four local media organizations donated $40,000 worth of creative production and media placement to be used for a worthwhile public service campaign with potential to deliver tangible results. Tri-State AMP selected Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri as the first recipient, with a goal of matching at least 10 percent of their 100 participants with a Big Brother or Big Sister. The campaign resulted in 58 total matches, as well as 16 new Big Brother volunteers and 52 Big Sister inquiries -- far exceeding the stated goal. Tri-State AMP received the American Advertising Federation's National Club Achievement Award for its role in this important public service campaign.
Tri-State Advertising & Marketing Professionals is a non-profit organization made up of communications professionals in the Cape Girardeau, Mo.; Paducah, Ky.; and Harrisburg, Ill., areas. The organization seeks to provide and promote a better understanding of the functions and value of advertising; apply the skills, creativity and energy of the advertising industry in solving social problems; advance the standards of advertising through voluntary self-regulation; and promote good fellowship and free exchange of ideas. Tri-State AMP is affiliated with the American Advertising Federation and the Ninth District, AAF.