- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Ad Club Seeking Advertising Grant Applicants
Tri-State Advertising & Marketing Professionals (AMP) is accepting applications from non-profit organizations in southeast Missouri, southern Illinois and western Kentucky for the 2011 Advertising for a Cause grant. The grant will provide advertising assistance, production and media placement valued at $90,000 for one regional public service organization.
Nine regional media companies (FOX Radio, River Radio, Withers Broadcasting, KBSI, WSIL, Charter Media -- Southeast Missouri, Poplar Bluff City Cable, DSW Signs and Red Letter Communications) have donated their production and placement services to fund the grant, which will be coordinated by Tri-State AMP. Once a recipient is selected, a multi-media public service campaign will be developed and implemented, covering a five-state service area.
Eligible organizations must service Tri-State AMP's membership area. Applications are available online at www.tristateamp.com and must be submitted by April 20. For more information, please call Boyce Holt at 573-429-8820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Advertising for a Cause grant débuted in 2009 when four local media organizations donated $40,000 worth of creative production and media placement to be used for a worthwhile public service campaign with potential to deliver tangible results. Tri-State AMP selected Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri as the first recipient, with a goal of matching at least 10 percent of their 100 participants with a Big Brother or Big Sister. The campaign resulted in 58 total matches, as well as 16 new Big Brother volunteers and 52 Big Sister inquiries -- far exceeding the stated goal. Tri-State AMP received the American Advertising Federation's National Club Achievement Award for its role in this important public service campaign.
Tri-State Advertising & Marketing Professionals is a non-profit organization made up of communications professionals in the Cape Girardeau, Mo.; Paducah, Ky.; and Harrisburg, Ill., areas. The organization seeks to provide and promote a better understanding of the functions and value of advertising; apply the skills, creativity and energy of the advertising industry in solving social problems; advance the standards of advertising through voluntary self-regulation; and promote good fellowship and free exchange of ideas. Tri-State AMP is affiliated with the American Advertising Federation and the Ninth District, AAF.