- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
Ad Club Seeking Advertising Grant Applicants
Tri-State Advertising & Marketing Professionals (AMP) is accepting applications from non-profit organizations in southeast Missouri, southern Illinois and western Kentucky for the 2011 Advertising for a Cause grant. The grant will provide advertising assistance, production and media placement valued at $90,000 for one regional public service organization.
Nine regional media companies (FOX Radio, River Radio, Withers Broadcasting, KBSI, WSIL, Charter Media -- Southeast Missouri, Poplar Bluff City Cable, DSW Signs and Red Letter Communications) have donated their production and placement services to fund the grant, which will be coordinated by Tri-State AMP. Once a recipient is selected, a multi-media public service campaign will be developed and implemented, covering a five-state service area.
Eligible organizations must service Tri-State AMP's membership area. Applications are available online at www.tristateamp.com and must be submitted by April 20. For more information, please call Boyce Holt at 573-429-8820 or email email@example.com.
The Advertising for a Cause grant débuted in 2009 when four local media organizations donated $40,000 worth of creative production and media placement to be used for a worthwhile public service campaign with potential to deliver tangible results. Tri-State AMP selected Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri as the first recipient, with a goal of matching at least 10 percent of their 100 participants with a Big Brother or Big Sister. The campaign resulted in 58 total matches, as well as 16 new Big Brother volunteers and 52 Big Sister inquiries -- far exceeding the stated goal. Tri-State AMP received the American Advertising Federation's National Club Achievement Award for its role in this important public service campaign.
Tri-State Advertising & Marketing Professionals is a non-profit organization made up of communications professionals in the Cape Girardeau, Mo.; Paducah, Ky.; and Harrisburg, Ill., areas. The organization seeks to provide and promote a better understanding of the functions and value of advertising; apply the skills, creativity and energy of the advertising industry in solving social problems; advance the standards of advertising through voluntary self-regulation; and promote good fellowship and free exchange of ideas. Tri-State AMP is affiliated with the American Advertising Federation and the Ninth District, AAF.