- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Michael W. "Mike" Wehmeyer, 64, of Chaffee died Monday, March 7, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 13, 1946, in Princeton, W.Va., son of the late Dr. W.H. "Pete" and Sarah "Sally" Ballard Wehmeyer.
Mike was owner/operator of GSC Industries in Chaffee in construction product sales. He was a member of La Croix United Methodist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Mike liked spending time with his friends, car races and playing golf.
Survivors include his mother, Sally Wehmeyer of Chaffee; a brother, James B. (Patricia) Wehmeyer of Dripping Springs, Texas; a sister, Catherine Wehmeyer of The Woodlands, Texas; two nephews; and a great-nephew.
He was preceded in death by his father and a brother.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Forest Hills Memorial Gardens in Morley, Mo., with the Rev. Rob Mehner officiating.
In lieu of flowers, the family would like donations to be made to the American Diabetes Association, St. Louis Office, 10820 Sunset Office Drive, Suite 220, St. Louis, MO 63137.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.