- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Deborah Lynn "Debbie" Barrett, 49, of Scott City died Monday, March 7, 2011, at her home.
She was born Nov. 11, 1961, in Cape Girardeau, to Dewey M. and Myrtle Brown Barrett.
Debbie was a graduate of Shawnee High School and Southeast Missouri State University. She was a member of La Croix United Methodist Church.
Survivors include two aunts, Mary Bridgeman of Manito, Ill., Elsie Barrett of Jackson; and several cousins.
She had a great love for her cat, Shamrock.
She was preceded in death by her parents and an infant sister.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Joyce officiating. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery in McClure, Ill.
Memorial contributions may be given to Humane Society of Southeast Missouri.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.