- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Emma Lee Goddard, 67, of Jackson left her earthly home to live with her heavenly father Monday, March 7, 2011.
Born Oct. 17, 1943, she was the daughter of Henry Lusk and Eva Irene Amos Goddard.
Emma graduated from Scott City High School and worked at Procter & Gamble 21 years before retiring.
She grew up on a farm near Commerce, Mo., where she learned to love the animals, always feeding her birds first thing every morning. She had a great sense of humor and could always see the bright side of life.
Survivors include a very special friend, Ellen Ward of Jackson; a brother, Bervin Goddard of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Lois (Edwin) Goddard LeDure of Commerce; many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded by her parents, and a sister-in-law, Mary Lu Goddard.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Kevin Detweiler officiating.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.