- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Dorothy Marie Herbst, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, March 7, 2011.
She was born Nov. 16, 1915, in Cape Girardeau, to Lydia E. Schwab. She married Charles J. Herbst Jan. 26, 1935. He died Sept. 13, 1955.
Dorothy worked many years as a legal secretary until her retirement. She was an avid volunteer and supporter for the restoration of Old St. Vincent's Church, having served on the board of directors from 1984 until 2003.
Survivors include her family, Jim Herbst of Naples, Fla., Bob and Cherie Herbst, and Judie Herbst of Cape Girardeau; grandchildren, Charlie and Sydney Herbst, Doug and Carol Herbst, Melissa and Lee Smith, Luke Herbst and Shay Alderman; 10 great-grandchildren; a great-great-grandchild; two brothers, Jerry and Jeanne Brown of Lake St. Louis, Mo., and Jack and Shirley Brown of Princeton, W.Va.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by a son, Charles J. Herbst Jr.
Visitors may call from 1 p.m. until time of service Thursday at Old St. Vincent's Church.
Funeral Mass will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at the church, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Private burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be sent to Old St. Vincent's Church, 615 William St., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.