- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Helen E. Niblack, a native of Jackson, died Sunday, March 6, 2011, in St. Louis.
She was the daughter of the late William G. and Ethel Niblack, sister of the late Rev. Marvin E. Niblack and Ruby M. Harrison; sister-in-law of Marianna Niblack; aunt of William C. (Ruth) Niblack, Adele Niblack, Gordon (Trisha) Stevenson, Carol (Jerry Lineback) Harlow and the late Rev. Philip M. Niblack; great-aunt of Jeffrey Niblack, Lisa Staib, Jonathan Harlow, Nicholas Harlow, Bergere Stevenson and Hanna Stevenson.
The funeral is at noon today at First United Methodist Church of Webster Groves, Mo. Interment will be at 1 p.m. Thursday in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Helen was a dedicated teacher, having retired after 28 years at Clark School in Webster Groves. She previously taught 16 years at other Missouri schools, including Parma, Leadwood, Brentwood and Cape Girardeau. She held master's and specialist degrees in education.
Helen was a member of First United Methodist Church of Webster Groves and PEO Chapter HF. She had also been a docent at Sappington House and a member of the auxiliary at Epworth Children's and Family Services.
Bopp Funeral Home in St. Louis is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Rev. Marvin Niblack Scholarship Fund at Central Methodist University, Fayette, Mo.