- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)8
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
HOWARD ASLINGER FOUNDATION
Want to inconvenience yourself for a great cause?
Sign up for the Howard Aslinger Foundation Endurance Weekend at Arena Park in Cape Girardeau.
This 24 hour event starts at 7 pm Friday, March 18 and features a 24 - 12 - 1 hour walk - run, as well as a midnight 5-K.
You can register on active.com or stop by 2552 Independence to register.
For more information please visit our website www.howardaslingerfoundation.org or call 573-450-7582.
Howard Aslinger spent his life in a wheelchair but believed this was only an inconvenience rather than a disability.
The Howard Aslinger Foundation provides scholarships to people with disabilities.