- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jerry James Henley, 73, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, March 5, 2011, at his home.
He was born Dec. 25, 1937, at Avert, Mo., the son of James and Inez Duffey Henley. Jerry was united in marriage to Deloris Davis Feb. 12, 1955, in Tunica, Miss. She preceded him in death March 26, 1983. He then married Juanita Boone on Feb. 25, 1984. She preceded him in death April 19, 2008. He later married JoAnn Monroe on May 1, 2009.
Jerry retired as a shop foreman at Wiethop Truck and Trailers. He was a member of Hobbs Chapel Methodist Church. He enjoyed golfing, fishing and family time.
Survivors include two sons, Randy James (Joie) Henley of Kelso, Mo., Donald Wayne (Sheryl) Henley of Jackson; two daughters, Debra Ann (Jack) Maupin and Marsha Lynn (Jeff) Clampitt, both of Cape Girardeau; three stepchildren, Daniel (Carolyn) Monroe of Cape Girardeau, Donna (Jesse) McLain of Jackson, Ruthann Simmons of Oak Ridge; a sister, Frieda Wieshuhn of Advance, Mo.; 10 grandchildren, 14 stepgrandchildren, five great-grandchildren and 24 great-stepgrandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Revs. Mike Davis and Debbie Arvelo officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.
In lieu of flowers please make donations to Hobbs Chapel, 3024 State Highway 177, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701, or Southeast Hospice, 60 Doctors' Park, Suite 102, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703.