- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Louise "Lou" Bollinger, 98, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, March 6, 2011, at the Lutheran Home Assisted Living.
She was born Dec. 14, 1912, in Cape Girardeau, to Henry and Catherine Steimle Unnerstall. She was united in marriage to Floyd Bollinger Oct. 15, 1940. He preceded her in death Dec. 7, 1989.
Bollinger was a member of VFW Ladies Auxiliary and St. Mary's Cathedral Parish. She graduated from St. Mary's High School and worked at Woolworth's until she was married.
Louise is survived by a sister, "Tootie" Moll of Cape Girardeau; nieces, nephews, and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; four brothers, Frank, Vince, Arnold and Joe Unnerstall; two sisters, Etta Alsheimer and Bernice Reisenbichler.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Thomas Kiefer as celebrant.
Interment will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mary's Cathedral Parish.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.