- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
Christmas party success
The Foster Parent Association of Cape Girardeau, Perry and Bollinger Counties would like to thank everyone who made our annual Christmas party possible. Approximately 75 foster children and 50 foster parents were in attendance.
Southeast Hospital donated two hams. The pizza parlors of Jackson each donated 10 pizzas. Mazzio's parlor donated pasta.
We enjoyed several hours of bowling, and Santa brought stockings filled with candy and prizes.
Thanks to the Walmarts in Perryville and Jackson for their generous donations, which allowed each child to receive a nice Christmas gift. Everyone's generosity made this year's party a great success.
CYNTHIA PRACHT, president, The Foster Parent Association, Cape Girardeau