- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council action 3/7/11
* A public hearing was held regarding the request of Terry Allison and Susan Allison for a special-use permit to operate a day care for no more than 10 children at their home at 1341 Vantage Drive.
* Approved an ordinance approving the Thorngate Redevelopment Corp. Final Redevelopment Plan. Second and third readings.
* Approved an ordinance approving a redevelopment agreement in connection with the Thorngate Redevelopment Corp. Final Redevelopment Plan. Second and third readings.
* Approved an ordinance approving the record plat of Route K North Second Subdivision. Second and third readings.
* Approved an ordinance calling an election in Cape Girardeau on the question of issuing sewage system revenue bonds. Second and third readings.
* Approved an ordinance calling an election in Cape Girardeau on the question of whether to extend the present one-quarter of one percent capital improvement sales tax for the purpose of funding capital improvements. Second and third readings.
* Approved an ordinance authorizing the prepayment of $1,960,000 principal amount of the city's Certificates of Participation (City of Cape Girardeau Airport Facilities Project) and the appropriation of funds and the provision of notice in connection therewith. Second and third readings.
* Approved an ordinance amending Chapter 30 of the city code of ordinances regarding zoning. Second and third readings.
* Adopted a resolution adopting the fiscal 2011-2016 Capital Improvements Program. Reading and passage.
* Adopted a resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with Penzel Construction Co. Inc. for renovation of the Central Municipal Pool. Reading and passage.
* Accepted a motion approving the improvement plans for the construction of water main, sanitary sewers and storm sewers to serve Woodland Place Subdivision Number 10.
* Approved a temporary retail liquor by the drink license for Jody R. Geiser, d/b/a Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, for an event to be held March 26 and 27 at the Arena Building.
* Conditional approval of the following new liquor licenses: La Torita LLC, d/b/a El Torito, 1740 Broadway, retail liquor-by-the-drink and Sunday sales Cafe Soupe Inc., d/b/a Cafe Soupe, 2502 Tanner Drive, Suite 200,
* A request for a retail liquor-by-the-drink and Sunday sales Shah Mari LLC, d/b/a Cape Mart, 238 N. Fountain St., original-package liquor and Sunday sales failed to gain a motion, so the request was denied.
* Approved an ordinance appropriating funds for transfers for the fiscal year ending June 30. First reading.
* Approved an ordinance granting a special-use permit to Terrence S. Allison and Susan M. Allison for purposes of maintaining and operating a day care at 1341 Vantage Drive. First reading.