- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Three Chaffee men arrested in connection with string of burglaries
BENTON, Mo. -- Three Chaffee, Mo., men were in custody Monday following an investigation into a string of Scott County burglaries in recent weeks.
Jay Anderson, 40, has been charged with five counts of second-degree burglary and five counts of stealing, Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter said in a news release. Bond was set at $50,000.
Charles Fleming, 22, also was charged with five counts of second-degree burglary and five counts of stealing. Bond was set at $25,000.
Ricky Stephens, 17, was charged with four counts of second-degree burglary and four counts of stealing. He is being held without bond.
Scott County deputy Jody Chaney received a report of two suspicious males walking on Route RA outside of Chaffee Saturday evening, according to a new release. Chaney made contact with Fleming and Anderson finding them in possession of stolen jewelry from a nearby residence, the release stated.
Officials questioned the two men and discovered that over the past few weeks Fleming, Anderson and Stephens, were responsible for seven residential burglaries in the Chaffee area, Walter said.
Route RA, Chaffee, MO