- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
Studio recognizes Gold Cup recipients
Cape Girardeau -- Sixteen students from Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory -- a piano, keyboard and Kindermusik teaching studio in Cape Girardeau -- recently received Gold Cup awards from the National Federation of Junior Music Clubs.
The Junior Music Festival was held on February 19. To receive a Gold Cup, students must compete at a minimum of three years earning the top rating. A second Gold Cup consists of a minimum of six years earning the top rating. The third Gold Cup requires a minimum of nine years earning the top rating. A student can earn up to five Gold Cup awards.
"I am very proud of all our students who work diligently towards the Junior Music Festival," said Janet Presson, director of the studio. "This is a major accomplishment for these students."
The studio began sending students to the Junior Music Festival in 1991.
First Gold Cup recipients include: Emily Bruns, Elizabeth Clubb, Emily Holman, McKenna Lee, Danielle Meyers, Allyson Ochs, Carlos Robles. Second Gold Cup recipients include: Anna Branson, Tyler Bruns, Matthew Fowler, Lydia Gentry, Claire Landewee, Vincent Landewee, Adele Soutar and Ashlee Younghouse. Third Gold recipient is Reagan Kapp.
The studio will host two free recital concerts on May 21 at 1st Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau (located on the corner of Cape Rock and Lexington). Recitals begin at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. with receptions following each.
Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory is owned by Don and Janet Presson. New classes begin in June. For more information, contact Janet Presson at 573-334-8623.