- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Speak Out 3/7/11
TO the person who wrote about the cars in Jackson on Greensferry Road, you ought to try going down a few blocks over on Georgia Street where cars are parked on both sides of the street and you have to weave in and out of traffic. They need to put a no-parking sign on one side the street.
CAPE Girardeau, face it. Lexington Avenue between Perryville Road and Cape Rock Drive is beyond repair. The money you spent on it having it milled was a huge waste. Everyday when I drive it their seems to be a new sinkhole. Just close it off, tear it up and rebuild it.
PEOPLE are seeing the truth now. The Republicans are trying to break the unions, take every dime the middle class and poor have and give it to the rich. Now people see there is a wide gap between the rich, middle and poor classes. The tax breaks for the rich have to go to help our country.
SAW the comment on a museum at Capaha Park. Great idea. Families that are visiting patients at Southeast Hospital would have a place to go while they are waiting instead of sitting in the waiting rooms. Great idea. Hope the city leaders pay attention.