- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Annual history contest to be held next week at Southeast
About 500 junior high and high school students from Southeast Missouri will compete next week in the National History Day in Missouri district contest.
Judging begins at 9 a.m. March 11 at Southeast Missouri State University's University Center. The awards ceremony will be at 2 p.m. in Rose Theatre in the Grauel Building.
Students will compete for a chance to advance to the state National History Day competition April 9 at the University of Missouri.
The theme for History Day 2011 is "Debate and Diplomacy in History: Successes, Failures, Consequences," and students will compete in one of five categories: exhibit, media, performance, historical paper or websites.