- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- New regents president named after Knudtson decides not to seek second term (12/18/17)
- Southeast rings bell for 807 December graduates (12/18/17)
CPU Inc. honored with ESGR Patriot Award
Missouri Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Committee Member Matt Jenkins honored Frank Jones of CPU Inc., of Cape Girardeau with the Patriot Award, in recognition of their extraordinary support of employees who serve in the Reserve and National Guard.
CPU Inc., a chamber of commerce winner of the Small Business of the Year Award, provides payroll services in 22 states and is a leader in information technology services in the area. Jones was nominated for the Department of Defense award by Tyson Glaser who works as a Network Administrator for CPU Inc. Sergeant Glaser also serves as a Senior Information Technical Specialist/Analyst with the 325th Combat Support Hospital, United States Army Reserve, based in Cape Girardeau.
The ESGR Patriot Award was created to publicly recognize individuals and businesses who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees, who like the citizen warriors before them, have answered their nation's call to serve. Supportive supervisors are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation's Guard and Reserve units. Employers are nominated by their military employees.
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) is a Department of Defense agency and no-cost resource that recognizes supportive employers, informs service members and employers about the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), and provides conflict mediation services.