- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
CPU Inc. honored with ESGR Patriot Award
Missouri Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Committee Member Matt Jenkins honored Frank Jones of CPU Inc., of Cape Girardeau with the Patriot Award, in recognition of their extraordinary support of employees who serve in the Reserve and National Guard.
CPU Inc., a chamber of commerce winner of the Small Business of the Year Award, provides payroll services in 22 states and is a leader in information technology services in the area. Jones was nominated for the Department of Defense award by Tyson Glaser who works as a Network Administrator for CPU Inc. Sergeant Glaser also serves as a Senior Information Technical Specialist/Analyst with the 325th Combat Support Hospital, United States Army Reserve, based in Cape Girardeau.
The ESGR Patriot Award was created to publicly recognize individuals and businesses who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees, who like the citizen warriors before them, have answered their nation's call to serve. Supportive supervisors are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation's Guard and Reserve units. Employers are nominated by their military employees.
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) is a Department of Defense agency and no-cost resource that recognizes supportive employers, informs service members and employers about the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), and provides conflict mediation services.