- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
CPU Inc. honored with ESGR Patriot Award
Missouri Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Committee Member Matt Jenkins honored Frank Jones of CPU Inc., of Cape Girardeau with the Patriot Award, in recognition of their extraordinary support of employees who serve in the Reserve and National Guard.
CPU Inc., a chamber of commerce winner of the Small Business of the Year Award, provides payroll services in 22 states and is a leader in information technology services in the area. Jones was nominated for the Department of Defense award by Tyson Glaser who works as a Network Administrator for CPU Inc. Sergeant Glaser also serves as a Senior Information Technical Specialist/Analyst with the 325th Combat Support Hospital, United States Army Reserve, based in Cape Girardeau.
The ESGR Patriot Award was created to publicly recognize individuals and businesses who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees, who like the citizen warriors before them, have answered their nation's call to serve. Supportive supervisors are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation's Guard and Reserve units. Employers are nominated by their military employees.
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) is a Department of Defense agency and no-cost resource that recognizes supportive employers, informs service members and employers about the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), and provides conflict mediation services.