- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)7
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
REHABCARE TO PROVIDE REHABILITATION SERVICES AT
Chaffee Nursing Center has announced a collaborative agreement with RehabCare Group, Inc., effective February 1, 2011, to provide physical rehabilitation services to its patients and residents.
RehabCare has been contracted to deliver rehabilitation services to those who have experienced an injury or illness, such as stroke, amputation, orthopedic impairment, neurological disorder, cardiopulmonary dysfunction, and other general medical problems. The focus of rehabilitation is to help patients achieve their maximum level of function.
"We are continually seeking ways to improve the caliber of care we provide for the Chaffee community and the surrounding areas," said Gail Heisserer, Chaffee Nursing Center Administrator. "RehabCare brings a level of experience and professionalism to the delivery of rehabilitative services that is unmatched in the industry, and we are very pleased to announce this partnership."
A staff headed by Program Director Danitra Crane will include licensed, experienced physical, occupational and speech therapists. Therapy will vary according to each patient's needs but may address areas such as mobility, pain management, balance, strength and coordination, wound care, motor control, activities of daily living, comprehension, and oral motor skills.
In addition to providing long-term skilled nursing care, Chaffee Nursing Center has seen demand grow steadily for intense rehabilitation services designed to return patients -- when appropriate -- to their own home or assisted living setting. Homeward Bound, rehab-to-home by Chaffee Nursing Center, is a program being implemented this year that captures the services directed at the short-stay patient. RehabCare has helped other providers enhance this level of care by delivering measurable rehabilitation results. In addition, Mrs. Heisserer is confident that Rehab Care's expertise in senior wellness will help the facility improve its restorative nursing services and care delivery for their non-Medicare, long-term care residents.