- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
A NEW BOOK BY LOCAL AUTHOR MARK H. CULBERTSON
Jackson, MO -- Monday, January 10, 2011-- "The End of the Beginning", a new book release by local Author Mark H. Culbertson, is now available at BarnesandNoble.com and Amazon.com as a digital download.
The book, described as a Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction Novel, finds its lead character "Steven Ray" stranded on a space station as Nuclear War erupts between Israel and Iran on the earth spinning below him. Through his own efforts, and those of his crew, they find a second chance in a sea of loss.
Culbertson was educated through the Jackson Missouri School system, since he grew up in rural Southeast Missouri, and became a Science Fiction fan at age eight since as he states, "I was inspired to pick up my first Science Fiction Novel, "Citizen of the Galaxy" by Robert A. Heilein." Over the years, he was driven to chronicle and focus his creativity and began writing professionally in 2003.
When asked if these characters are the beginning of a series and if we will see more from "Steven Ray" in the future, Culbertson says, "It is possible that these characters and the storyline will continue in additional books. It really depends on how the public embraces this one."
Culbertson is currently working on several short stories and book concepts.
"The End of the Beginning", can be purchased from BarnesandNoble.com and Amazon.com as a digital download for just $3.49. More information can be found at www.culbertson.biz