- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Thiele to Speak at Heartland Writers Guild
The Heartland Writers Guild will meet at 2 pm Sunday, March 13, 2011 at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 1010 North Main (Highway 61) in Sikeston, MO. The program will be presented by Lonny Thiele, author of That Son of a Gun had Sense: Mule Stories from the Bootheel Area during the 1930s-1940s Era. Thiele is from Poplar Bluff and worked as a reporter for the Daily American Republic from 1995 until 2004.
The purpose of the Heartland Writers Guild is to promote and support the concept of professionalism in published and unpublished authors, and to aid all members toward the goal of successfully marketing what they write.
Backgrounds of members are diverse, ranging from novices to writers who are published in fiction and nonfiction. Anyone is welcome to attend.
Watch for more information about a June Writer's Workshop. Call 573-888-3620 or send an email to email@example.com for details.