- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Chad J. Hotop, 16, of Perryville died in a vehicle accident Thursday, Feb. 24, 2011, in Perryville.
He was born Nov. 3, 1994, in Perryville, son of Ronald J. and Connie Gibbar Hotop.
Chad was a student at Perryville High School. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Apple Creek, Mo., and FFA.
Survivors include his parents; grandparents, Rueben Hotop of Silver Lake, Mo., Mary Ann Hotop Winterberg of Perryville, James Gibbar of Perryville; a sister, Katie Hotop of Perryville; a half brother, Kyle (Tiffany) Blandford of De Soto, Mo.; many aunts, uncles and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his grandmother, Faye Gibbar; an uncle, Rueben Hotop Jr.; and a cousin.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Monday and 6:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. A wake service will be held at 7 p.m. Monday, and the rosary will be recited at 8:10 a.m. Tuesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Joseph Church, with the Rev. Tony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to FFA.