- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Missouri National Guard's Shepard earns promotion
JACKSON, Mo. -- Stephanie Shepard, of Jackson, was recently promoted from the rank of private first class to specialist in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Shepard has been with the National Guard for two years. She is a military policeman with Detachment 1, 1137th Military Police Company in Jackson.
"I'm very grateful for the promotion," said Shepard. "I'm proud to be a part of this unit and so thankful they've recognized my hard work with a promotion."
Sgt. 1st Class David Duckworth, Shepard's platoon sergeant, said he's impressed with Shepard's progress thus far.
"She's a great Soldier and we're looking forward to her continued success with the unit," said Duckworth.
Shepard is a 2001 graduate of Twin Rivers High School, of Broseley, and is currently attending Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau. During the week, Shepard is a part-time student and works for JC Penny.
Shepard is supported in her military career by her parents Gary and Sherry Shepard, of Wappapello.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.