- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Missouri National Guard's McNeely earns promotion
JACKSON, Mo. -- Cody McNeely, of Scott City, was recently promoted from the rank of private first class to specialist in the Missouri Army National Guard.
McNeely has been with the National Guard for one year. He is a military policeman with Detachment 1, 1137th Military Police Company in Jackson.
"I've worked very hard this past year to advance my military career," said McNeely. "I'm so relieved and honored the unit recognized my efforts."
Sgt. 1st Class David Duckworth, McNeely's platoon sergeant, said he's very proud of McNeely.
"He's a credit to our unit and the Missouri National Guard," said Duckworth.
McNeely is a 2009 graduate of Scott City High School.
McNeely is supported in his military career by his parents Russ McNeely and Sandy McNeely, both of Scott City.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.