- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Missouri National Guard's McNeely earns promotion
JACKSON, Mo. -- Cody McNeely, of Scott City, was recently promoted from the rank of private first class to specialist in the Missouri Army National Guard.
McNeely has been with the National Guard for one year. He is a military policeman with Detachment 1, 1137th Military Police Company in Jackson.
"I've worked very hard this past year to advance my military career," said McNeely. "I'm so relieved and honored the unit recognized my efforts."
Sgt. 1st Class David Duckworth, McNeely's platoon sergeant, said he's very proud of McNeely.
"He's a credit to our unit and the Missouri National Guard," said Duckworth.
McNeely is a 2009 graduate of Scott City High School.
McNeely is supported in his military career by his parents Russ McNeely and Sandy McNeely, both of Scott City.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.