- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Missouri National Guard's McNeely earns promotion
JACKSON, Mo. -- Cody McNeely, of Scott City, was recently promoted from the rank of private first class to specialist in the Missouri Army National Guard.
McNeely has been with the National Guard for one year. He is a military policeman with Detachment 1, 1137th Military Police Company in Jackson.
"I've worked very hard this past year to advance my military career," said McNeely. "I'm so relieved and honored the unit recognized my efforts."
Sgt. 1st Class David Duckworth, McNeely's platoon sergeant, said he's very proud of McNeely.
"He's a credit to our unit and the Missouri National Guard," said Duckworth.
McNeely is a 2009 graduate of Scott City High School.
McNeely is supported in his military career by his parents Russ McNeely and Sandy McNeely, both of Scott City.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.