- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)5
Missouri National Guard's McNeely earns promotion
JACKSON, Mo. -- Cody McNeely, of Scott City, was recently promoted from the rank of private first class to specialist in the Missouri Army National Guard.
McNeely has been with the National Guard for one year. He is a military policeman with Detachment 1, 1137th Military Police Company in Jackson.
"I've worked very hard this past year to advance my military career," said McNeely. "I'm so relieved and honored the unit recognized my efforts."
Sgt. 1st Class David Duckworth, McNeely's platoon sergeant, said he's very proud of McNeely.
"He's a credit to our unit and the Missouri National Guard," said Duckworth.
McNeely is a 2009 graduate of Scott City High School.
McNeely is supported in his military career by his parents Russ McNeely and Sandy McNeely, both of Scott City.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.