- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Missouri National Guard's McNeely earns promotion
JACKSON, Mo. -- Cody McNeely, of Scott City, was recently promoted from the rank of private first class to specialist in the Missouri Army National Guard.
McNeely has been with the National Guard for one year. He is a military policeman with Detachment 1, 1137th Military Police Company in Jackson.
"I've worked very hard this past year to advance my military career," said McNeely. "I'm so relieved and honored the unit recognized my efforts."
Sgt. 1st Class David Duckworth, McNeely's platoon sergeant, said he's very proud of McNeely.
"He's a credit to our unit and the Missouri National Guard," said Duckworth.
McNeely is a 2009 graduate of Scott City High School.
McNeely is supported in his military career by his parents Russ McNeely and Sandy McNeely, both of Scott City.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.