- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Moore graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Devan Moore, of Oran, recently completed his military training to become a motor transportation operator for Missouri National Guard's Detachment 1, 1221st Transportation Company in Sikeston.
"I joined the Guard because I wanted to serve my country," Moore said. The Guard was a perfect fit for him because he can fulfill his duty as a Soldier but stay at home in Missouri, he said.
He graduated from basic training and advanced individual training at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., Jan. 13, 2010.
Prior to training, Moore served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Staff Sgt. Clinton Petty, recruiter at the Sikeston armory, said Moore will be a dedicated Soldier for his new unit
"He's open to new experiences and is enthusiastic about training," said Petty. "He'll be a good Soldier for the company."
Moore will begin serving with his new unit in February 2011.
Moore is the son of David and Michelle Moore, of Oran. He is a graduate of Oran High School.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.