- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
Moore graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Devan Moore, of Oran, recently completed his military training to become a motor transportation operator for Missouri National Guard's Detachment 1, 1221st Transportation Company in Sikeston.
"I joined the Guard because I wanted to serve my country," Moore said. The Guard was a perfect fit for him because he can fulfill his duty as a Soldier but stay at home in Missouri, he said.
He graduated from basic training and advanced individual training at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., Jan. 13, 2010.
Prior to training, Moore served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Staff Sgt. Clinton Petty, recruiter at the Sikeston armory, said Moore will be a dedicated Soldier for his new unit
"He's open to new experiences and is enthusiastic about training," said Petty. "He'll be a good Soldier for the company."
Moore will begin serving with his new unit in February 2011.
Moore is the son of David and Michelle Moore, of Oran. He is a graduate of Oran High School.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com.