- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Dorothy Ann Nanney, 57, of Jackson passed away Monday, Feb. 21, 2011, at her home.
She was born Oct. 13, 1953, in Advance, Mo., daughter of Cecil U. and Patty L. Brown Dallas. She and Bruce E. Nanney were married Aug. 8, 1987.
Dorothy attended grade school in Advance and high school in Oak Ridge. She worked at Drury Inn Suites in Fruitland 13 years until her health began to fail.
Loving survivors include her husband of Jackson; two sons, Bobby Hess and Ricky Nanney; a daughter, Deanna Nanney, all of Jackson; three brothers, Ronald Dallas of Memphis, Tenn., James "Elmer" Harris of Frohna, Mo., Timothy Harris of Jackson; and two grandchildren, Kevin and Savannah Hess of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister, Rebecca Lunsford.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mike Huffman officiating. Interment will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.