- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
In federal court: Cape man pleads guilty to drug charges
The following information was released Tuesday for defendants appearing before U.S. District Judge Carol E. Jackson.
Name: Anthony Damon Johnson
Residence: Cape Girardeau
Charge: One felony count of intent to distribute cocaine and one felony count of being a felon in possession of a firearm.
Sentencing: May 16. He faces a maximum punishment of 30 years in prison and a $2 million fine for cocaine possession and 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for possession of a firearm.
Summary: On July 20, authorities searched Johnson's home on South Pacific Street where they found a pistol, a plastic bag containing 53 individually wrapped pieces of cocaine, cash and powder cocaine. Johnson at the time admitted to authorities he had the cocaine to distribute it to others.