- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
Local Afterschool Program to Host Dance/Auction
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO -- February 16, 2011 - The Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau will be hosting their 7th Annual Benefit Dance and Live/Silent Auction on Saturday, March 19, 2011. This evening of fun will begin at 6:00pm at Ray's Conference Center in Cape Girardeau. Ray's of Kelso will be providing appetizers, as well as a cash bar. The Joby Holland Band will be performing following the auctions.
This annual event provides much needed support for the after school program, as well as the summer camp provided at little cost to the Cape Girardeau area youth.
Tickets for the event are $20.00 per person, which includes entry, appetizers, and an evening of dancing and fun! The auction items fit any budget. The kids attending the afterschool program at the Club have put together many of the baskets available.
If you would like to purchase tickets or for more information, please visit the website at clubcapegirardeau.org, or call us at 573-335-7141.
Located at 1913 Whitener Street, the Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau has served the youth of Cape Girardeau for over 10 years. The Club provides programs for more than 100 boys and girls in the areas of character and leadership development; educational enhancement; career preparation; health and life skills; the arts; and sports, fitness and recreation.