- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
Local Afterschool Program to Host Dance/Auction
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO -- February 16, 2011 - The Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau will be hosting their 7th Annual Benefit Dance and Live/Silent Auction on Saturday, March 19, 2011. This evening of fun will begin at 6:00pm at Ray's Conference Center in Cape Girardeau. Ray's of Kelso will be providing appetizers, as well as a cash bar. The Joby Holland Band will be performing following the auctions.
This annual event provides much needed support for the after school program, as well as the summer camp provided at little cost to the Cape Girardeau area youth.
Tickets for the event are $20.00 per person, which includes entry, appetizers, and an evening of dancing and fun! The auction items fit any budget. The kids attending the afterschool program at the Club have put together many of the baskets available.
If you would like to purchase tickets or for more information, please visit the website at clubcapegirardeau.org, or call us at 573-335-7141.
Located at 1913 Whitener Street, the Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau has served the youth of Cape Girardeau for over 10 years. The Club provides programs for more than 100 boys and girls in the areas of character and leadership development; educational enhancement; career preparation; health and life skills; the arts; and sports, fitness and recreation.