- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Search reveals body in lake near Poplar Bluff; foul play suspected (11/12/17)
Local Afterschool Program to Host Dance/Auction
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO -- February 16, 2011 - The Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau will be hosting their 7th Annual Benefit Dance and Live/Silent Auction on Saturday, March 19, 2011. This evening of fun will begin at 6:00pm at Ray's Conference Center in Cape Girardeau. Ray's of Kelso will be providing appetizers, as well as a cash bar. The Joby Holland Band will be performing following the auctions.
This annual event provides much needed support for the after school program, as well as the summer camp provided at little cost to the Cape Girardeau area youth.
Tickets for the event are $20.00 per person, which includes entry, appetizers, and an evening of dancing and fun! The auction items fit any budget. The kids attending the afterschool program at the Club have put together many of the baskets available.
If you would like to purchase tickets or for more information, please visit the website at clubcapegirardeau.org, or call us at 573-335-7141.
Located at 1913 Whitener Street, the Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau has served the youth of Cape Girardeau for over 10 years. The Club provides programs for more than 100 boys and girls in the areas of character and leadership development; educational enhancement; career preparation; health and life skills; the arts; and sports, fitness and recreation.