- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Local Afterschool Program to Host Dance/Auction
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO -- February 16, 2011 - The Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau will be hosting their 7th Annual Benefit Dance and Live/Silent Auction on Saturday, March 19, 2011. This evening of fun will begin at 6:00pm at Ray's Conference Center in Cape Girardeau. Ray's of Kelso will be providing appetizers, as well as a cash bar. The Joby Holland Band will be performing following the auctions.
This annual event provides much needed support for the after school program, as well as the summer camp provided at little cost to the Cape Girardeau area youth.
Tickets for the event are $20.00 per person, which includes entry, appetizers, and an evening of dancing and fun! The auction items fit any budget. The kids attending the afterschool program at the Club have put together many of the baskets available.
If you would like to purchase tickets or for more information, please visit the website at clubcapegirardeau.org, or call us at 573-335-7141.
Located at 1913 Whitener Street, the Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau has served the youth of Cape Girardeau for over 10 years. The Club provides programs for more than 100 boys and girls in the areas of character and leadership development; educational enhancement; career preparation; health and life skills; the arts; and sports, fitness and recreation.