- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Dinner, auction benefit St. Mary Home and School
St. Mary Cathedral School will hold a dinner and auction from 5 to 11 p.m. Saturday at Ray's Plaza Conference Center. There will be silent and oral auctions held. Food will be provided by Ray's of Kelso in Kelso, Mo., and entertainment by Fanfare, a band from St. Louis. There will be many raffles, including a 1966 red Ford Mustang. Chances for the car are $20 per ticket or six for $100. Proceeds go to St. Mary Cathedral Home and School Association. For more information, call 335-3840 or visit Knaup Floral in Cape Girardeau.
Event raises money for child's medical expenses
A dinner and dance benefit in honor of Ross Cossou, infant son of Abby and Clark Cossou of Chaffee, Mo., will begin at 5 p.m., March 12 at the Chaffee VFW. Proceeds will go toward medical expenses the family incurred while Ross was being treated for an extended illness from late December through mid-February at St. Louis Children's Hospital. The silent auction will begin at 5 p.m., and a meal will be served at 6:15. There will also be an auction and a 50/50 drawing. Cost is $50 per person at the door. Monetary donations may also be made to the Ross Cossou Benefit Fund at any Montgomery Bank branch. Donations for auction items may be dropped off at S&W Cabinets or S&W Commercial in Chaffee. For more information, call 573-887-3100, 573-262-3933 or 573-382-0202.
Church serves chicken and dumpling, sausage meal
St. Joseph Parish in Apple Creek, Mo., is having a chicken and dumpling and sausage dinner from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 13 at St. Joseph Parish. The dinner is an all-you-can-eat buffet that includes dressing, homemade bread and pie. Price for adults is $7, $3 for children and anyone younger than 6 eats free.
Conservation Department seeks input from hunters
The Missouri Department of Conservation plans to hold workshops statewide to gather hunters' ideas about the timing of duck season and where waterfowl hunting zone boundaries should be located. This year, the department will consider duck season dates and zone boundaries for the 2011 through 2015 hunting seasons. The agency has scheduled 15 workshops around the state in March and April to learn how hunters feel about duck season dates and hunting zones that have been in place for the past five years and what they would like to see for the next five years. The workshops will be from 7 to 9 p.m. March 22 at the Knights of Columbus hall in Jackson, March 23 at the National Guard Armory in Dexter, Mo., and March 24 at the Justice Center in Kennett, Mo. For more information, call 290-5730.