- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Girls, Dolls, and Moms Enjoy Tea Party
The first tea party is history at Patches in Cairo. Girls, their dolls, and their moms and one grandmother were treated to a showcase of gleaming silver and sparkling glass highlighted with roses and candles.
Guests enjoyed a menu of tea sandwiches including Felicity's turkey sandwiches, Kirsten's cheese salad sandwiches, and Molly's Victory Garden cucumber sandwiches. This was followed by sweet treats including Addy's Love sugar cookies, Samantha's dipped chocolate cookies, and Julie's sweet cupcakes. Sweet lemonade and hot tea completed the menu.
The dolls shared a faux sugar cookie and a lemonade that went home with them to reuse later.
After tea the girls decorated a picture frame to take home with them. Each girls received a bag of treats to take home also.
It was hard to tell whether the girls, their dolls, or the adults enjoyed it more. Gilrs came from Cairo and Mound City in Illinois and Charleston and Cape Girardeau in Missouri.
Kelly Jones says..."To say Mrs. Brey outdid herself doesn't give the experience justice!! What a hidden gem, and Talia has already said she can't wait to go back!! We enjoyed tea, lemonade, a variety of finger sandwiches, and cookies!! The girls then enjoyed craft time and then exploring the shop for treasures for their dolls!! I encourage everyone with a little girl to check it out! It's was truly a wonderful and special time!!"
The next tea party is scheduled for April 10. Reservations can be made by emailing Pat@patchesdolls.com.
An afternoon Pajama Party is planned at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau. Contact Kathy Harris - email@example.com .