- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Girls, Dolls, and Moms Enjoy Tea Party
The first tea party is history at Patches in Cairo. Girls, their dolls, and their moms and one grandmother were treated to a showcase of gleaming silver and sparkling glass highlighted with roses and candles.
Guests enjoyed a menu of tea sandwiches including Felicity's turkey sandwiches, Kirsten's cheese salad sandwiches, and Molly's Victory Garden cucumber sandwiches. This was followed by sweet treats including Addy's Love sugar cookies, Samantha's dipped chocolate cookies, and Julie's sweet cupcakes. Sweet lemonade and hot tea completed the menu.
The dolls shared a faux sugar cookie and a lemonade that went home with them to reuse later.
After tea the girls decorated a picture frame to take home with them. Each girls received a bag of treats to take home also.
It was hard to tell whether the girls, their dolls, or the adults enjoyed it more. Gilrs came from Cairo and Mound City in Illinois and Charleston and Cape Girardeau in Missouri.
Kelly Jones says..."To say Mrs. Brey outdid herself doesn't give the experience justice!! What a hidden gem, and Talia has already said she can't wait to go back!! We enjoyed tea, lemonade, a variety of finger sandwiches, and cookies!! The girls then enjoyed craft time and then exploring the shop for treasures for their dolls!! I encourage everyone with a little girl to check it out! It's was truly a wonderful and special time!!"
The next tea party is scheduled for April 10. Reservations can be made by emailing Pat@patchesdolls.com.
An afternoon Pajama Party is planned at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau. Contact Kathy Harris - email@example.com .