- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Harriet Louise Halstead, 85, of Advance passed away Sunday, Feb. 13, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 8, 1925, in Edwardsville, Ill., daughter of William H. and Mabel Drafts Lange.
Harriet worked as a secretary and as a troop committee member for the Boy Scouts.
She and William John Halstead were married July 31, 1949, in Edwardsville. He preceded her in death Sept. 6, 1997.
Survivors include two sons, William J. Halstead and James W. Halstead of Advance; a sister, Billie Mae Wilson of Edwardsville; and two grandsons, James W. Halstead and Matthew D. Halstead.
Visitation will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park at a later date.