- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PARK HILLS, Mo. -- John Alan Bowman, 47, of Park Hills died Saturday, Feb. 12, 2011, at his home.
He was born Dec. 16, 1963, in Wilmington, N.C., son of Robert and Mary C. Nagle Bowman. He and Andrea Faye Hudgens were married at Steelville, Mo.
John was a structural steel painter and was in Local Painters Union 2 out of St. Louis many years. He was in retirement due to work-related accident and health problems.
He enjoyed woodworking, hunting, fishing, floating, Sunday barbecues with family and friends, and being with his Beckie. He was a member of Elvins Baptist Church, Eagles in Festus, Mo., and Elks in Park Hills.
Survivors include his parents, Robert and Mary Bowman of Cape Girardeau; four children, Maia C. Bowman (Jessie) of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., Jamie Lee Bowman (Cody) and Andrea Nichole Bowman (Dean) of De Soto, Mo., John Alan Bowman Jr. of Ste. Genevieve.; a brother, Robert G. Bowman Jr. (Chris) of Huntingtown, Md.; two sisters, Julie Kay Wallis (Adam) of Colorado Springs, Colo., Angela Marie Page (Frank), of O'Fallon, Mo.; four grandchildren, Kadyn James, Gaige Rian, Stryker Page Shinabargar, Kyra Jade Lutoski; 11 nieces and nephews; and fiancee, Beckie Holbrook of Park Hills.
Friends may call 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Doug Clinton officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.