- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Bridge briefing scheduled in Scott County
SIKESTON, Mo. -- The Missouri Department of Transportation will hold an open-house community briefing today to discuss upcoming Safe & Sound bridge improvement projects in Scott County. The briefing will be from 4 to 6 p.m. at MoDOT's Southeast District Office in Sikeston.
The program began with 13 bridge projects scheduled for Scott County. Six have been completed, and the remaining seven projects are expected to be completed in 2011. Work could begin as early as March. For more information or a complete listing of bridges included in the program, call 888-275-6636, or log onto http://www.modot.org/southeast/safeandso....
To view the meeting handout or for an opportunity to comment, visit