- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Doctors Express, Saint Francis Give Free Flu Shots
Doctors Express and Saint Francis Healthcare System will collaborate in offering free flu shots through the Meals with Friends program at The Salvation Army, 701 Good Hope St., from 4 to 6 pm February 21-25.
Staff from Doctors Express and Saint Francis' Immediate Convenient Care will administer the vaccines on a first-come, first-served basis.
New recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for the 2010-2011 flu season include vaccinating everyone older than 6 months. The seasonal flu shot contains the H1N1 flu vaccine this year, as well as vaccines for two other strains of flu virus expected to circulate in the United States.
According to the CDC, it is not too late to get a flu vaccine to protect yourself and your family. Flu season typically peaks in January or February but can last as late as April or May.
"Getting the flu vaccine is simple and is the most important thing you can do to protect yourself and your family from the flu," says Bernie Ranchero, MD, medical director at Doctors Express.
For more information, please call The Salvation Army at 573-335-7000.