- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Doctors Express, Saint Francis Give Free Flu Shots
Doctors Express and Saint Francis Healthcare System will collaborate in offering free flu shots through the Meals with Friends program at The Salvation Army, 701 Good Hope St., from 4 to 6 pm February 21-25.
Staff from Doctors Express and Saint Francis' Immediate Convenient Care will administer the vaccines on a first-come, first-served basis.
New recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for the 2010-2011 flu season include vaccinating everyone older than 6 months. The seasonal flu shot contains the H1N1 flu vaccine this year, as well as vaccines for two other strains of flu virus expected to circulate in the United States.
According to the CDC, it is not too late to get a flu vaccine to protect yourself and your family. Flu season typically peaks in January or February but can last as late as April or May.
"Getting the flu vaccine is simple and is the most important thing you can do to protect yourself and your family from the flu," says Bernie Ranchero, MD, medical director at Doctors Express.
For more information, please call The Salvation Army at 573-335-7000.