- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)9
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
Doctors Express, Saint Francis Give Free Flu Shots
Doctors Express and Saint Francis Healthcare System will collaborate in offering free flu shots through the Meals with Friends program at The Salvation Army, 701 Good Hope St., from 4 to 6 pm February 21-25.
Staff from Doctors Express and Saint Francis' Immediate Convenient Care will administer the vaccines on a first-come, first-served basis.
New recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for the 2010-2011 flu season include vaccinating everyone older than 6 months. The seasonal flu shot contains the H1N1 flu vaccine this year, as well as vaccines for two other strains of flu virus expected to circulate in the United States.
According to the CDC, it is not too late to get a flu vaccine to protect yourself and your family. Flu season typically peaks in January or February but can last as late as April or May.
"Getting the flu vaccine is simple and is the most important thing you can do to protect yourself and your family from the flu," says Bernie Ranchero, MD, medical director at Doctors Express.
For more information, please call The Salvation Army at 573-335-7000.