- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Girl Scout Cookie Program Continues with Direct Sa
GIRL SCOUT COOKIE PROGRAM CONTINUES WITH DIRECT SALES
If you've already ordered your favorite Girl Scout Cookies, they're here and delivery has begun! If you missed the first round or would like more, don't worry. From now until March 13, girls will continue to sell Girl Scout cookies through direct sales, including door-to-door and at booths outside local merchants.
The Girl Scout Cookie Program teaches lifelong leadership skills, such as goal-setting, decision-making, money management, people skills, and business ethics. "The direct sales component of the Girl Scout Cookie Program is an important one for girls," says Girl Scouts of the Missouri Heartland CEO Jennifer M. Orban, "they get hands-on experience in customer service, accounting and teamwork." Customers also benefit from the instant gratification of walking away with their favorite Girl Scout cookies!
This year, there are eight cookie varieties available: Thin Mints, Caramel deLites, Peanut Butter Patties, Peanut Butter Sandwich, Shortbread, Thanks-A-Lot, Lemonades and -- new this year -- Shout Outs. All proceeds support leadership program activities, financial assistance, volunteer training and other resources for area Girl Scouts. Find a Girl Scout cookie booth near you by using the booth locator tool at www.girlscoutsmoheartland.org or call 877-312-4764.
About the Girl Scout Leadership Experience
Girl Scouting is about building strong leaders. Founded in 1912, Girl Scouting is the premier leadership development organization for girls ages 5-17 in America. With 3.7 million members worldwide, Girl Scouts has a strong history of encouraging girls to become strong, confident young women. The Girl Scout Leadership Development Experience encourages girls to engage not just in traditional activities and service projects, but also in the process of leadership. Through hands-on opportunities, girls learn-by-doing in cooperative group settings and empowering individual explorations. Girl Scouting helps girls discover a strong sense of self, connect with others in a changing world, and take action to help make the world a better place.
About Girl Scouts of the Missouri Heartland
Girl Scouts of the Missouri Heartland serves 20,000 girls in 68 counties, who are developing crucial life skills that help them grow courageous and strong so they can make wise choices in today's world and beyond. To volunteer your time, make a donation, or join Girl Scouts, call 877-312-4764 or visit us on the web at www.girlscoutsmoheartland.org.