- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Girl Scout Cookie Program Continues with Direct Sa
GIRL SCOUT COOKIE PROGRAM CONTINUES WITH DIRECT SALES
If you've already ordered your favorite Girl Scout Cookies, they're here and delivery has begun! If you missed the first round or would like more, don't worry. From now until March 13, girls will continue to sell Girl Scout cookies through direct sales, including door-to-door and at booths outside local merchants.
The Girl Scout Cookie Program teaches lifelong leadership skills, such as goal-setting, decision-making, money management, people skills, and business ethics. "The direct sales component of the Girl Scout Cookie Program is an important one for girls," says Girl Scouts of the Missouri Heartland CEO Jennifer M. Orban, "they get hands-on experience in customer service, accounting and teamwork." Customers also benefit from the instant gratification of walking away with their favorite Girl Scout cookies!
This year, there are eight cookie varieties available: Thin Mints, Caramel deLites, Peanut Butter Patties, Peanut Butter Sandwich, Shortbread, Thanks-A-Lot, Lemonades and -- new this year -- Shout Outs. All proceeds support leadership program activities, financial assistance, volunteer training and other resources for area Girl Scouts. Find a Girl Scout cookie booth near you by using the booth locator tool at www.girlscoutsmoheartland.org or call 877-312-4764.
About the Girl Scout Leadership Experience
Girl Scouting is about building strong leaders. Founded in 1912, Girl Scouting is the premier leadership development organization for girls ages 5-17 in America. With 3.7 million members worldwide, Girl Scouts has a strong history of encouraging girls to become strong, confident young women. The Girl Scout Leadership Development Experience encourages girls to engage not just in traditional activities and service projects, but also in the process of leadership. Through hands-on opportunities, girls learn-by-doing in cooperative group settings and empowering individual explorations. Girl Scouting helps girls discover a strong sense of self, connect with others in a changing world, and take action to help make the world a better place.
About Girl Scouts of the Missouri Heartland
Girl Scouts of the Missouri Heartland serves 20,000 girls in 68 counties, who are developing crucial life skills that help them grow courageous and strong so they can make wise choices in today's world and beyond. To volunteer your time, make a donation, or join Girl Scouts, call 877-312-4764 or visit us on the web at www.girlscoutsmoheartland.org.